Thursday 12 January 2017

Zoomorphic

Tell Me Your Secrets - Gladys Paulus

Detail

Moon daughter - Anthropomorphica

Of Root and Antler - Anthropomorphica





































This week I went to an exhibition at Llantarnam Grange in Cwmbran. I wasn't sure about going as I am not really into human/animal combinations but my favourite doll artists http://anthropomorphicaartdolloddities.blogspot.co.uk/
It turned out to be an amazing exhibition and yes there were pieces I didn't like but plenty that I did. I didn't take many photos, as the light wasn't very good but here are my three favourites.
Anthropomorphica didn't disappoint, the delicacy of her work is beautiful. I was looking forward to seeing her larger pieces, the Moon Daughter's red belt is very long, down to the floor. If I could afford it I would have bought one of these, I have three of her small dolls already.
I had seen some of Gladys Paulus's mask pieces online before, it person they are stunning and beautifully made. The cat figure is tall, about seven feet maybe, the idea was that people tell her their feelings about their cats and these are stitched on the dress, very impressive.

3 comments:

  1. Very creative, I would have loved to see it. Sometimes you can get a positive experience from seeing pieces you don't like too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love thes, especially the last two!

    ReplyDelete