Thursday 13 September 2018

Sort of sad

This is the piece of work I made on India Flint's course a few years ago in Horsley, Gloucestershire. It was a lovely time with good companions and an amazing teacher in a beautiful peaceful setting. This cloth is important to me as a reminder of that time. There is also a photo of it in the Blurb book India put together of students work 'On a Wandering Wind'. The little beastie clothes moths have been feasting on it, this upset me but it also gives me an opportunity to work on the cloth again and add some remnants to make it whole again and maybe to bring back memories.

4 comments:

  1. I love how cloth changes with time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed : change ....
    (but I can imagine how you feel : sometimes I find tiny perfect round holes in my felt ...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, I've popped over here to answer your comment from my blog. Yes, I mostly learnt to weave on the Saori loom. I did have an Ashford SampleIt loom first for a few months and that was a big help in gaining confidence and trying out some freestyle weaving. I watched videos and bought a Craftsy class that was a big help but lessons at a Saori studio were the most help. I love the Saori loom but you can weave Saori style on any loom.

    I'm sorry the moths have got to your cloth but I'm sure you'll find a way to use the damage to add to its story. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julia, I was wondering about taking a class at a Saori studio I probably should.

    ReplyDelete