Tuesday 12 November 2013

Christmas Exhibition

I am opening my studio again for Christmas this year, slightly apprehensive and excited at the same time. I haven't managed to get much work done this year so its good that everybody else has, plus I have two more artists who may want to take part.
I have eco dyed a few items of clothing, it will be interesting to get some feedback on these and on my stitched pieces. Lots of work still to do, its amazing how long all the finishing off and labelling takes.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful holiday exhibition, the offerings, the mulled cider and sausages. Somehow exhibitions and gallery shows during winter have a special feel. Re your eco dyeing. I noticed the mushroom photos from the other day. Have you ever dyed with mushrooms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marti here's hoping it stays dry.
      I hadn't actually thought of dyeing with mushrooms, I might give it a try while they are still around, thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  2. I know how time consuming the labeling is. Just when you think its finished, you turn your ahead and there's another piece sitting there. Hope the studio opening will be a huge success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Penny, thank you, I am hoping it will be a huge success as well.

      Delete