Wednesday 7 May 2014

Having Fun

Weaving

Mud covered woven vessel

Photos, sea glass and phials to be filled


Mud and plant fibre











































I am having great fun compiling pieces for my next exhibition with the iD group.
I intend to do two or three pieces based on the natural environment, this one is about where I live, Sand Bay. The weaving is based on the colours of sea and sand, the photos are of the general view and the mud is from the beach. The phials will be filled with various items from the beach.

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful weaving. When we can be inspired by where we live, it is quite the gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marti, much of my work is inspired by the beach which has such different shades of colour depending on the weather and time of year.

      Delete
  2. love this virtual visit to the beach via your hands and eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mo, I will post a finished image once the exhibition is open in June.

      Delete
  3. Love the mud covered woven vessel. Great idea. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, the woven vessels were an experiment, not sure where the mud idea came from but it just seemed right.

      Delete
  4. I too am intrigued and inspired by your mud covered woven vessel. Wow.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am really enjoying this project

      Delete