Saturday 30 April 2016

Scratched

I have scratches up both arms from pruning the dead branches out from my elderly venerable lavender bush. I tend to have a slight love hate relationship with the plants in my garden. Some grow so well I have to keep digging them up and dividing them and some have to be carefully nurtured. I have just bought a woad plant and discovered it is a brassica which doesn't bode well as they don't tend to grow very well here.
But where would be be without our beloved plants, Grace today paid homage to textiles, I am paying homage to the plants we make our textiles and dyes from, we would have a sadly diminished range of textiles without them.
Still no pictures, I have found them all, but they don't want to be here yet, I will persevere.

5 comments:

  1. love how lavender moves itself over time via laying to the sunniest spot in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is true....the Plants....either directly or by feeding the
    creatures that give textiles...sheep and silk worms come dancing
    into my mind....
    this is more serious that initially thought...your picture situation....
    i will light a candle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace that is very thoughtful of you.

      Delete
  3. I'm feeling out of the loop with this post since I don't like to do gardening. Whatever we have that grows has to take care of itself. I will plant things, but if they don't grow, oh well. I do love lavender though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't cope without my garden, frustrating as it is at times it is my solace and calm.

      Delete