Saturday 3 June 2017

Portrait Shuffle

Self portrait
This is my portrait for the portrait shuffle organised by Through our Hands. All the portraits will be on show at the Festival of Quilts in August at the NEC.
Eco printed fabric and silk yarn



















The idea is to fundraise for Save the Children. Everybody who enters gets a portrait by another participant after the show. The closing date for portraits to be received is 31st July 2017 so I guess you can still enter.
When I started this piece I was going to do something clever and complicated to represent my work. In the end I did something simple, the me I would like to be and sometimes am. So someone will bet a portrait of the uncomplicated me along with my wonky stitching.
The words are by Mary Oliver and say 'When I am alone I can become invisible.

No comments:

Post a Comment