Friday 31 August 2012

Heaven at Holt Farm

Yesterday we visited Holt Organic Gardens, open Thursdays, near Blagdon in North Somerset, where Yeo Valley Yogurt is made. It was heaven, I took loads of pictures so a few each day. I visit lots of gardens for inspiration and steal ideas but I am not usually envious of other peoples gardens, in this case I was.
Annual coreopsis
 A whole field of coreopsis, a variation on wildflower meadows stunning and unexpected as this is the first wild bit after the formal garden rooms.
 The next images are from the gravel garden
Verbena bonariensis



echinacea

sedum and others
 which features a pond and an amazing view.
view from garden
Today is my birthday so we went to the Cove Restaurant in Weston-super-Mare, its right on the beach with lovely views across the channel. We had a huge bowl of Cornish mussels a lovely white wine and  blueberry cheesecake with blueberry compote.
And beautiful weather on both days. I've had some lovely presents including a pocket sized camera so no more missed opportunities.
Over the weekend I am taking part in a workshop run by Dail Behennah so couldn't wish for a better few days oh apart from missing out on India Flint's workshops in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment