Monday 15 October 2012

London with Mother

I have just got back from a trip to London with my Mum, we were both a bit apprehensive about it as she hasn't been up to town for about ten years and I was worried she wouldn't cope with all the noise and people but worries were unfounded and we had a great time. I did however do a lot of planning beforehand. We stayed at The Strand Palace Hotel were coincidently my parents had stayed for their honeymoon sixty years before. My Dad unfortunately didn't live long enough to celebrate their sixtieth anniversary. We visited the Selvedge shop, disappointing, very small. We went to Covent Garden, Spitalfields and Leadenhall market, which is very pretty, my Mum remembers when they were respectively veg, meat and fish markets. We had some great meals and spent time with my son and daughter.


My Mum in Leadenhall market





 We walked through the city

and visited the John Soane Museum which is crammed full of architectural pieces which his students used for study. It also houses the originals of The Rake's Progress by Hogarth, well worth a visit.

We also went to see Cabaret, a must see, if you don't like Will Young don't let this put you off, if you can get to London go and see it, great choreography and great songs and a different approach from the film with Lisa Minellli.  Its raunchy, funny, sad and disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment