Monday 5 August 2013

Playing about with cloth

Gekko in the desert
 I have been having fun with stitching again, this is tea dyed cloth with added pieces of solar dyed eucalyptus leaf cloth, the stitching is following natural lines that occurred during dyeing process.
I am quite enjoying bringing out details of the dyed cloth instead of adding many extra pieces of fabric.
I have got so behind with Jude's course that I am doing my own thing at the moment and will hopefully get back into the right Spirit to follow Jude at a later date.
I have also actually done a small amount of weaving but not enough to notice much. difference at the moment.




6 comments:

  1. hey, there is no behind, only now. love your lizard and all the space you have given it to just go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jude you are so right, I just needed reminding.

      Delete
  2. Your lizard is amazing -- it looks like he has a lovely sandy desert to explore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny, yes he seems quite content.

      Delete
  3. I agree. Hand stitching is all you need with the natural colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Judy, I am working on another piece now which is bringing out some strange figures, it needs some developing so is just waiting at the moment.

    ReplyDelete